Meet Atlas! Atlas was found as a stray, and is ready for a home that will love him forever and never abandon him! This loveable fluff ball is 24/7 entertainment. This boy’s personality will have you in stitches! He is so happy, bouncy and playful. Atlas is a busy bee, but is very good at keeping himself entertained. He enjoys running around free (in fenced enclosures), he will pounce in the snow and run zoomies. Inside he enjoys having a variety of toys to choose from and loves a kong stuffed with treats. He is very intelligent and would benefit from mental stimulation such as treat puzzles. He can also be a little stubborn, he doesn’t always want to come back inside (he loves the outdoors!), but overall he is just happy to be with people. Atlas is medium energy and will need daily exercise. He is easily excitable but also comes back down fairly quickly. On walks he does have a tendency to pull because of all the irresistible smells and attractions.
Atlas is not used to being groomed or having a bath, but he is easy going when it comes to be touched and handled, as long as you take your time with him, he will let you do what you need to.
Atlas is incredibly friendly with the dogs he lives with, however, he is still learning to read the body language of other dogs and learning to respect their space. He could potentially live with other dogs of similar size if adopters are dedicated to proper intros and giving Atlas proper training.
Atlas is doing amazing with his crate training and enjoys a stuffed kong to keep him occupied. Atlas is potty trained but has had the occasional marking indoors as he is newly neutered. His fosters have found a belly band and redirection has made all the difference. Atlas is still learning commands and is a very polite well-mannered boy. Atlas does fine in the car and just hangs out.
Atlas LOVES the great outdoors and would absolutely love a forever home to take him with them on all of their adventures!
- Breed: Husky/Shepherd Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. 1 mo. old
- Size: 60lbs
- Colour: White, Black, and Gray
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes but please read on
- Cats: No
- Kids: 10+
- Housing type: Any with direct access outside
- Fenced-in Yard: Fenced yard would be ideal but not mandatory as long as he has regular exercise
- Special: Atlas has tested positive for Lyme disease but the vet suspects it is an older infection with no need for treatment at this time. Atlas will need to be on tick prevention year-round and be monitored for any symptoms that may arise in the future. Atlas is not a candidate for dog parks. Atlas is looking for his forever home in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.
- Please note: we can only reply to successfully matched applicants.
- Adoption Fee: $850