Cloud is the most endearing dog that loves to be loved and to give love. He is at his happiest when he is with his person, whether that means getting attention or just being cuddled up and melting in! Cloud is super food motivated and would love a person that can help him gain confidence in the world as he can sometimes be nervous. He is an active boy, though not hyper, and would love to have another playful and fun dog to play with, but would also be okay in an active home that will adore him.
Cloud is eager to please but is also insecure sometimes in new situations, so with his love of food and a bit of patience, most new situations are conquerable for this smart boy. He is crate trained and almost fully house trained, and he is happy and quiet as long as he has had some exercise. He is okay with a midday break if you do have to work away from the home. As he is still working on his leash training skills, he would need a fenced in yard space for play with you or other dogs. He needs a calmer home life, which just means not a chill home with fewer visitors.
Cloud had a rough start to life, with an abusive owner. He was rescued from that situation, but not before he suffered a break in his leg. His leg has healed and her runs like the wind now. All he needed was crate rest and monitoring. It’s amazing to see that he loves his people so much because after what he had to live through, we would not be surprised if he gave up on humanity all together! It just makes us love him more.
If you have the time, space, patience and energy to love this darling boy, you will never regret welcoming him into your life.
- Breed: Herding Breed Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 10 mos. old
- Size: 13kgs
- Colour: White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes to friendly and playful dog. Another dog in the home is recommended.
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: 12+ dog savvy and respectful!
- Housing Type: Single, Townhome, or Condo with direct access outside to a fenced yard.
- Fenced Yard: Required
- Special: He is looking for someone home more often, not being left more than 4 hours at a time. He is looking for a home in or around the Ottawa/Gatineau area who can attend outstanding vet appointments at our vet in West Ottawa to complete his standard vetting covered by the adoption fee. He is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply. We are looking for a home willing to take him to positive reinforcement training classes!
- Only matched applicants will be contacted.
- Adoption Fee: $850