This little ewok is just the sweetest of the old gents out there in the world. He is laid back and loves his life now. Even in horrible pain, this guy could still give the best little kisses. But don’t let his sweet little face fool you too much, as he can still be trouble and will get into things when you are not looking! Despite his little streak of living on the wild side, this kid is quite the momma’s boy, and really hates it when his foster mom has to leave. He will put up a fuss when left, making apartments or thin walls between neighbours a not-so-ideal option for him. He knows it is a big ask, but it would be cool if his person could maybe work from home a bit so he can hang out more and they can let him out for regular breaks. A retired person or couple would be soooo nice too. Freddy is a free spirit and likes to be free to spirit his home when you are away. He can hold it for a bit, but a full work day is a bit too long for him.
Sunny days spent outside tanning, chewing bones, playing with his toys and napping are his go-to faves. He is happy to have another dog around as well, but he really is more of a “how do you do” kind of greeter and then he just politely minds his business. He would be okay with a similarly tempered dog.
Freddy would really love to find a home with someone home more often so he can be let outside regularly. It is hard to hold it for this little guy and he hates having accidents.
Freddy is looking for an amazing person or couple to share the golden years ahead. He is a gem of a dog and will be such a brilliant addition of happiness and sunshine to the right home. If you would like to adopt this very beautiful soul and improve your life, apply today!
- Breed: Shih Tzu mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 11 yrs. 3 mos. old
- Colour: White/Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, friendly and similar size is ideal!
- Cats: Not sure, but possibly if the cats are dog savvy!
- Kids: Teens okay, only because he has not been around many kids other than to say hello.
- Housing Type: Detached or townhome as he can be vocal.
- Yard: Fenced Yard Would be nice
- Special Needs: Requires medication + vitamins ($50 per month), and special food to help him with his kidney/urinary issue. Due to the neglect he endured, he must wear an inflatable cone or belly band when not being closely watched. If not, and he has access to lick himself (out of habit), it will cause him painful issues. While we had hoped in time this issue would go away, it has not. Freddy is also almost (if not completely) deaf.