Are you looking for that special friend who is always within eyesight of you, wherever you are in your house? That truly dedicated and loving individual who will gaze at you in awe all the time and kiss you non-stop? If so, Haylee might just be the gal you’ve been looking for. Haylee loves her people once she gets to know them and is the best snuggler in rescue so you will no longer need to worry about being cold at night as she’ll make sure to keep you warm.
Haylee is in search of that person or family who will love her with all their might and also have a fenced yard. She loves to play chase and lay in the sun but does require a private fenced yard to enjoy these activities in. Haylee can be reactive on leash when she sees strangers and dogs so having a yard where she can play and use up her energy is really key for her. Haylee has done great with slow introductions to new dog who are non-confrontational and not overly exuberant. She would be happy to share her life and home with a dog that meets that description but is not looking for a doggy social type of life (i.e. no dog parks, no dog parties etc!).
Haylee does need a bit of time to get to know new people and learn to trust them. She’s hoping for a quiet home where she will be given the chance to settle in and really shine with her true colours. This smart girl loves her crate, is completely house broken, knows: Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Up, Paw, Other paw and “treat/cookie”. She is also quite content staying home alone in her crate while her people head out to work for the day.
If Haylee sounds like your girl, apply at www.sitwithme.ca/haylee
Note that due to her breed, Haylee must be adopted outside of Ontario and areas with breed specific legislation banning pit bull type dogs.
- Breed: American Staffordshire Terrier mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 6 yrs. 4 mos. old
- Size: Medium
- Colour: Beige
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, but must be quiet and non-confrontational dogs (read more below)
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: Yes. Calmer, older kids are best
- Housing Type: Detached
- Yard: Fenced Yard Required
- Special Needs: Haylee is on medication for allergies which costs about $185/month and has been doing amazing since starting them. The source of her allergy is unknown but she will probably need medication for the rest of her life. Requires a home in an area that does not have Breed Specific Legislation (ie. outside of Ontario and some municipalities).