Bonjour! My name is Jacques and I am a sweet young gentleman! I love all people, all dogs and excel at playing! Some might even say I am an expert at being the best puppy and now I need someone to help me become the best dog all around. I would love someone that would take me to positive training classes and give me treats when I succeed to start! I love people and kids and would like to be a big part of a family that knows what it means to include me in all of the adventures. Being left behind while the family is busy is NOT for me. While I love dogs, I am not a candidate for dog parks, so please do not apply if this is a priority for you. I do love walks and going on adventures, so if you adopt me, I will bother you to get more fresh air! I love sitting and lounging while you garden, enjoy a tea or just appreciate the sun!
I would like to have another dog in the home that can play and wrestle with me! If you do not have a dog, then I ask that you have a plan for regular doggy playdates, like at least several times a week! You also need to clean up any items on the floor or on the ground outside as I like to chew! I will make sure you keep a clean home, haha. It is important that my person continue my crate training as I will get into things and might get hurt if left loose. Speaking of this, I do need someone home more often that can interact and play throughout the day. Working from home is great, but be prepared to take little breaks to keep me tuckered out! I love naps though, so if you get me on a schedule, I can sleep through those meetings you need me to!
I am an active and happy puppy looking for the same in my forever family. I would be happiest with playful dogs, and happy people (big or small) in the home to play with but be sure you are ready for a puppy commitment before you apply. If you have thought it through and want to be my forever person, you can fill out an application here: http://www.sitwithme.ca/
- Breed: Potcake
- Sex: Male
- Age: 5 mos. old
- Size: 5kgs
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes! Jacques would love to have a little play buddy in the home to wrestle with.
- Cats: Yes, we believe he would be okay with a dog-savvy cat, though he might try to play.
- Kids: Yes, ideally 6+, dog savvy and respectful, please. Keep in mind he still mouths as a puppy.
- Housing Type: Country, Single, Townhome, or a condo with direct access outside to a private yard.
- Fenced in Yard: Required in the city.
- Special: Jacques requires someone home more often as he needs continued housetraining support. The adopter must be willing to continue vet care at our vet in West Ottawa as well. Because of this, we are looking for a home in or around the Ottawa/Gatineau area. We will consider homes outside of the area as long as they are willing to travel to Ottawa for his continued vetting and come to Ottawa for the meet and greet. He will need to stay on flea/tick prevention until he receives a negative Accuplex test in October (all at the adopter's expense).
- Adoption Fee: $750.