Johnny is the apple of anyone’s eye. He is a sweet boy that loves to love and be loved. He goes out of his way trying to convince everyone that being friends is better, and truly needs a person that keeps him safe because he would literally try to be friends with a hungry crocodile by kissing and play bowing and being an absolute cutie. He is a quietly outgoing boy that likes to say hello to visitors and will wait for any newbie to notice him as he does his best to contain his excitement. Once in your arms, he will often fall asleep within minutes because he truly is a content guy when a person is around. He is doing great with his crate training but will bark in the morning when he feels he is ready for a new day or when he feels there is a party happening without him. House training is coming along nicely as long as you remind him regularly.
He loves the company of dogs as well, and when any dog gets a little upset, Johnny falls over to show he really means no harm. So yes, he is a bit of a push-over. He can be mouthy sometimes, so it is important that he have puppy appropriate chew toys you can redirect his attention towards. He is still in learning mode when it comes to leashed walks so treats are a must when out and about to encourage him along.
APPLY HERE: http://www.sitwithme.ca/johngotti
- Breed: Potcake
- Sex: Male
- Age: 4 mos. old
- Size: 5 kgs
- Colour: Beige
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, please. Another playful dog in the home is required.
- Cats: We think so as long as dog savvy and okay with a playful pup.
- Kids: Yes, 8+ as long as dog savvy and respectful.
- Housing Type: Single or Townhome where barking is okay.
- Fenced Yard: Required in the city
- Special: Johnny needs someone home more often. If you work from home, you must be able to take play breaks outside. He has outstanding vetting being completed at our vet in Ottawa. Adopters must be committed to attending these appointments; therefore, we are looking for a home within an hour or so of the Ottawa/Gatineau area, willing to travel for the meet and greet and these appointments. Preference to applicants willing to attend positive reinforcement training classes. Please note: Johnny is not a candidate for dog parks, so if this is a must for you, please do not apply.
- Adoption fee: $750