Meet the sweetest and most curious boy around! Lawrence is looking for his forever home with a pup sibling to show him the ropes and a patient and calm human family to support him as he learns and grows.
It is a very special place to be if you’re in Lawrence’s inner circle. Once he trusts you, he loves very hard. He loves to cuddle, snuggle and be by your side. He is constantly checking in for guidance and advice when he needs it.
Lawrence is also extremely smart, curious and observant. He loves to watch TV while he plays with his foster sister and his toys. This boy loves toys!! And considering he didn’t even know what they were a month ago, he has caught on very quickly!
Lawrence is learning to be a puppy and with that comes lots of curiosity, trying to chew on things he shouldn’t and tons of fun, playful puppy energy.
He is easily redirected to chew on the things he should and he definitely requires a yard to play and run. He will need someone to have patience with him on walks as he finds them pretty scary, walking him with another dog is very helpful. Short and slow leashed walks to start would be great for Lawrence’s confidence outside. He will also need continued exposure to short car rides to help his tummy get more used to them. He’s excited for the car and will jump right in but sometimes he still gets car sick so short neighborhood drives will help him get over this.
Lawrence is excellent in his crate! He will sometimes give a few light whimpers but vey quickly settles himself. He considers it his safe space and will happily go in at bedtime and anytime you leave the house. He especially loves going in with the promise of a kong with frozen treats inside! He loves food and is easily motivated to do things when treats are involved!
Lawrence had a rough start to life after being found on the streets of Barbados with his two siblings. They were not treated well by the locals and his first experiences with humans were not great. He is a little love bug underneath and he just needs a family to show him some kindness and patience. He will be an excellent dog companion to his new human and fur family and he would very much benefit from some confidence and basic obedience training.
Do you think you could be the perfect family to offer Lawrence his second chance? Once he trusts you he will love you forever!
- Breed: Mixed Breed
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. old
- Size: 33lbs
- Colour: Black and Brindle
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes please! Another playful, confident dog would be great!
- Cats: Yes, dog savvy cats
- Kids: Teens and up!
- Housing Type: Single or townhome with direct access outside to a fenced in yard. Lawrence can be quite vocal (some barking, some whimpering and some other funny noises - he uses his voice a lot to communicate) Calm home and quiet neighborhood is needed.
- Fenced in yard: Required - this is a must
- Special: Lawrence is on low cost medication to help him with his anxiety. This is not permanent but will need to be continued as he transitions into a new home. He will need someone who is home more often, especially as he works on his house training. Lawrence is looking for a special and patient adopter who is willing to work on his confidence and house training. He needs someone who is willing to go slow with him and use lots of positive, treat based rewards and training. He is still a bit skittish and does not love walks as outside can be scary (he’s happy in a secure, fenced in yard though and loves to run and play) He will need to be walked on a double leash and a GPS tracker is recommended. Lawrence is not a candidate for dog parks so if this is important to you please do not apply.
- Only matched applications will be contacted.
- Adoption Fee: $850