Melly’s a happy camper who likes to spend time with her people most. Content to be a slug in the house and then go on a quick adventure, it just takes some encouragement, jingling her leash and the key phrase ” Do you want to go for a walk/outside?” or “Est-ce qu’on va prendre une petite marche?”. Yes, she’s bilingual. But also fakes being hearing impaired thanks to her selective listening. She really is a funny little piglet!
She loves to meet new people. She can spot a sucker a mile away who will give her scratches. Snores like a freight train! She has her stubborn moments, like when squirrel/ rabbit watching on walks. She can be re-directed with a “leave it” and with the help of treats, and getting her moving again. We are still working on learning that stopping in the middle of an intersection to stare at rodents (real or imaginary) is not the best idea. She may bark at other dogs on walks at times and really is not sure how to properly interact and gets offended or offends quickly. Unfortunately, due to this, she will need a dog-free life to avoid conflict. You must be okay with this before applying.
This girl is just the happiest with her person or people. She does a happy dance when you return home and then insists on power snuggles by trying her best to sit right on top of you. You give her a snack and you’ll be her bestie. Her face is so expressive! She really is a gem! And she loves watching tv shows with you. Let’s just say if she had a career in comedy, she’d be a super star.
We think her ideal home would be with one person or a couple, living a not-too-busy life and who wants a best buddy to walk and cuddle with. Bully breed experience would be so great.
If you feel she is the right pooch for you, please apply online: http://www.sitwithme.
- Breed: American Bulldog / English Bulldog Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 3 yrs. 10 mos. old
- Size: Medium
- Colour: White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: No, thank you.
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: Teens and up only please with bulldozer experience ;)
- Housing Type: Detached, Townhome or Condo with direct access outside.
- Fenced yard: Preference given!
- Medical: She has allergies! This may only be environmental but we have not had success taking her off Apoquel yet – weird season of warm and cold so far. She is on a fish-based diet. Further investigation may be needed to make a determination on environmental through the seasons. Cost when on allergy medication is just over $100 per month. Please be sure you can meet these financial needs before applying.