Mutt is a happy and energetic boy looking for a family that will continue to help him grow into a lovely dog! He is a curious, smart and eager to learn and play puppy and we consider those qualities to be wonderful building blocks for his new home to build upon. He loves the outdoors and always wants to be investigating, playing or tasting his surroundings! It is important that his adopters are big fans of walks, hikes and outside activities as well. He is always up for the next adventure and sometimes he even forgets how tired he is, because he is so happy to keep up with you.
As a young puppy still, he needs someone home more often that can continue his housetraining work and ensure he is provided proper chew items as he is teething. He would also make a fun office dog but may be a bit too entertaining! He will also help ensure you put your shoes away! Mutt loves the company of other dogs and is a big fan of play and wrestling, so we think he would love a tolerant and playful similar size or bigger dog in the home to engage with. He still can be obnoxious and his people may need to supervise play as he tries soo hard sometimes that he can annoy other dogs (senior dogs unwilling to play are not his ideal match because of this). Having playtime with his people or other dogs in his fenced in yard will help burn some of that breed/puppy energy.
Mutt would love a home that will consider training or fun sporty classes that will give him some work to excel at, too. If you feel this gem of a dog is the right fit for you, please apply!
Please note only selected applicants will be contacted via email.
- Breed: Shepherd Mix (Manitoba Mix)
- Sex: Male
- Age: 5 mos. old
- Size: 35 lbs and growing!
- Colour: Black / White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes! He needs another playful and tolerant pooch in the home, or a home that can provide regular playdates with dogs. This must be detailed by applicants or dog-free homes will not be considered.
- Cats: Yes, dog savvy only please as he may try to play!
- Kids: Yes, ~8+ and dog savvy as he is still mouthy in play!
- Housing Type: Single or townhome
- Fenced Yard: Required in city for a safe off-leash play area.
- Special: Someone home more often that can let him out throughout the day and provide activity. We are looking for a home within the Ottawa/Gatineau area, willing to travel for the meet and greet. Mutt has some outstanding vetting at our vet that we are covering and the successful applicant must be willing to travel for this/these appointment(s). Preference to applicants willing to attend positive reinforcement training classes. Please note that he is not a candidate for dog parks so if this is essential to you, please do not apply.
- Adoption Fee: $750