Beautiful Simona is a quick learner and eager to please. She may be a little shy at first with new people but will quickly come out of her shell with a few treats to show you’re going to be her friend.
Simona is a medium energy dog, enjoying two walks a day with some off-leash play time in the fenced-in yard. If you do not have a secure fenced-in yard, Simona would need a trip to a private and safe fenced-in yard at least once a week to feel the wind between her ears. This is one of her favourite times, so we would want to keep this up!
Fully house trained and crate trained, Simona is a perfect house guest. She sleeps in her crate overnight, and has successfully been crated during the day for 6 hours so far. With continued training, she may be okay for a full work day.
Do you have nothing to do? How about some cuddles with Simona. This pretty girl’s love language is physical touch and treats. She loves to be pet, sit on your lap, or just get all the attention.
Simona does well in the car, but does need to be secured or she will try to take over the steering wheel! She has done well with other dogs that are playful, so another dog in the home would be good for her, but is not required. She has not yet met cats while in care, but given her prey drive, we feel she needs a cat-free home at this time. Simona has met young kids while on walks, but is more reserved, so slightly older, dog savvy kids would be the best match for Simona.
- Breed: American Bully Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 2 yrs. old
- Size: 50lbs
- Colour: Brown and White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes
- Cats: No
- Kids: 5+
- Housing: Any with direct access outside. Not a candidate for downtown homes.
- Fenced in yard: Required.
- Special: Simona has two outstanding vet appointments before the end of the year at our vet in West Ottawa to complete her standard vetting covered by the adoption fee. She is not a candidate for off-leash walks including dog parks. If this is a priority for you, please do not apply.
- Only matched applicants will be contacted.
- Adoption fee: $750