Slate may start off a bit reserved, choosing to observe the world from the safety of under a chair or table. But don’t let his initial shyness fool you – this pup is bursting with curiosity and a love for adventure! Once he assesses the situation, he’s ready to join in and be your loyal companion.
Slate will follow you everywhere, eager to be part of the excitement in your life. Yet he is also quite independent and will go off on his own. But once his adventures are done he will come over to you for some snuggle time. Slate has a unique way of expressing himself with adorable husky back talk, especially during dinner time or when things don’t go his way
Slate has a love for chewing on toys and is in the process of perfecting the art of sharing them with others. He is still a puppy so he is looking for a home that will continue to work with him and help him become the best dog ever. Slate is highly food motivated, which has made training much easier. Slate is currently working on perfecting his potty training skills, so having someone home more often will be beneficial to continue this progress.
- Breed: Husky Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 3 mos. old
- Size: 15lbs and growing
- Colour: Black
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes
- Cats: Untested, but possibly fine with dog savvy cats.
- Kids: 5+ and dog savvy and respectful
- Housing type: Single, Townhome or condo as long as direct access outside to a private yard space.
- Fenced-in Yard: Preferred but not required
- Special: Someone home during the day with at least a midday break as he is still a pup. We are looking for a home in the Ottawa Gatineau area who can attend his outstanding vet appointments at our vet in Ottawa West. He is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
- Adoption Fee: $850