Timber is such a lovely dog. The kind that sees you’re a little sad, or in need of a good cuddle, and will come and look at you with puppy dog eyes and climb up for a big lap dog cuddle. She loves being loved and adores being praised. She is food motivated too and so training is a breeze. She currently lives in a country setting and loves her walks in forested trails and romping in the fenced in yard. After a good walk, at night she likes to curl up on a dog bed or your lap, and just be near you. If you have time for a cuddle or belly rub, she’s ready to oblige. And in the morning, when you wake up, she will jump up on the bed to lovingly and enthusiastically say good morning! She has such a sweet personality and really makes sure you know she loves you!
The tricky thing about Timber is she really hates it when you leave. Timber cries when left, and works herself up, drooling, pacing and even barking. She is currently on medication which is helping her curb these symptoms, but we are seeking a home for Timber where she will not have to be left as often (at least not for a full workday). She definitely wants a home where she can be with her people – as this is where she is happiest of all and is an easy going dog by her people’s side. When visitors come over, she does need some work on her enthusiasm (which includes barking), and after a few treats and a calm greeting she wants to cuddle and love them for every second they are there. What a girl!
Timber has met many people and seems to enjoy saying hello to most, kids included. However she hesitates a bit with big men wearing glasses, hats or hoodies but is definitely eager to be friends if they speak nicely and even more so when treats are involved! She leans in and wants to be loved by all of the humans in the room. She adores her walks and although she pulls initially out the door, she improves along the way. She might bark at bouncy dogs when she first sees them on leash, so it is best to avoid leashed meet-ups, but she does live with a few friendly similar sized dogs and she loves playing chase in the yard. In fact, she loves the company of other dogs so much that she is requesting a friendly buddy in her home. Her foster mom has fostered quite a few dogs and really wishes Timber could stay forever because she is such a wonderful dog, but she knows that Timber would be so much happier in a home where her person can be with Timber more often.
If you think you could be Timber’s person, you can apply online at http://www.sitwithme.ca/timber
. She is such a wonderful dog that deserves a wonderful person.
- Breed: Shepherd Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 3 yrs. 6 mos. old
- Size: Large
- Colour: Beige / White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: At this time no other pets in the home. While Timber would love a similar sized friendly dog in the home to play with, Timber does need several slow introductions and may need a walk or 2 before staying as she can initially be insecure and reactive. Once friends, Timber loves playing. Due to social distancing, this is not feasible and so we are only considering pet-free homes.
- Cats: No, thank you. As we cannot do a proper introduction with social distancing measures, we are only moving forward with pet-free homes for Timber.
- Kids:Friendly meeting kids so visiting kids would be fine. To live with, teens and up might be ideal.
- Housing Type: Detached only where barking when left is okay. A country home would be so lovely.
- Fenced in Yard: Yes, please!
- Special Needs: Someone home more often would be awesome. She is on medication (about $30per month) as it helps reduce her stress when left. This will not be needed as much (or possibly at all) with someone home. She can be crated and does settle in about 20 minutes with her medication once she is used to her schedule.