Tino is a smart and athletic guy, curious about the world and while eager to jump in, he does sometimes need a minute or 2 to warm up to new faces and places. He does adore wholeheartedly all who take the moment for him and rewards you in cuddles whenever you would like. He is highly food motivated and we believe he would excel at training and dog sports. This guy is speedy and light on his feet!
He has met young kids and been friendly, but he can be excitedly mouthy, so any family would need to be watchful around young kids who might get upset. Dog savvy children who can listen to instructions and be respectful should make friends quickly. One way to have supervised interaction is to go for family walks, because this boy loves his walks! A couple of longer walks are just his speed. He will need some leash work as he can get excited and play tug with the leash. A confident handler who can distract him is needed! We also suspect he would love swimming too.
One thing of note is that he does not love car rides and may magically produce another meal on the ride if medications are not first on board. This could resolve over time but medication does help if not. Tino wants you to know that despite this, he would still like to be included in all of your adventures!
If this silly boy sounds like the doggy you have been waiting for, apply online at http://www.sitwithme.ca/
- Breed: Potcake
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. 1 mo. old
- Size: Small - 14 kgs
- Colour: Fawn
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, playful and patient dog in the home is required
- Cats: Yes, a dog savvy cat or 2 would be okay. He might chase to play.
- Kids: 6+ and dog savvy please! He can be mouthy when excited.
- Housing Type: Single or Townhome please!
- Fenced Yard: Required in the city.
- Special: Someone who can let him out midday during an average workday would be nice as he can be left for up to 5 hours without issue. He is also an active boy who needs exercise and interaction with his family. Tino is looking for his forever home in or around the Ottawa/Gatineau area. The adopter must be willing to travel to Ottawa to complete a meet and greet. He is on flea/tick preventative until mid-June. He will need to remain on flea/tick preventative at the adopter’s cost until he receives a negative accuplex test that must be completed in September at the adopter’s cost at their vet.
- Adoption Fee: $750