Sunshiny and sweet Twix is on the lookout for her forever home! She is a timid gal, curious about the world, but in need of both human and canine cheerleaders in her corner to continue the great work started in foster care. Treats are a must in your pocket to encourage her inquisitive nature and to reward her for being brave!
Twix is smart and eager to learn and we encourage any adopter to include on their application that they are looking into training classes for her and them! She will need some help with her housetraining but thankfully is very food motivated. She must be treated as a puppy in her new home and a watchful eye must be kept to keep her on track for outdoor breaks often. Because of this, she will need someone home more often and when she cannot be watched in the home, she should be in her crate to avoid accidents.
Twix can be shy when meeting other dogs, but she comes out of her shell fairly quickly and shows her bouncy personality. This gal loves to go for walks and really enjoys to play in the yard with her canine foster sister. Once properly exercised, she also loves a quiet evening on the couch while you binge the latest Netflix offering.
Curious and a bit cautious, Twix likes to explore on her own terms. Loud sounds and sudden movements can send her running for cover, so her family must be able to help her build confidence in the world by taking it one step at a time. Her first few weeks in her home should be focused on bonding with her people and meeting lots of others should be kept to a minimum.
She loves to snuggle and play with her foster family and her canine foster sister. Big bonus, Twix LOVES swimming in her foster families pool and we think a home with a pool or water access would be wonderful. If you think your home and family is a match for this petite island gal, please complete the application found at http://www.sitwithme.ca/dogs/Twix.
- Breed: Potcake Mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 7 mos. old
- Size: Small
- Colour: Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, please! Another friendly and confident dog in the home is required.
- Cats: Dog savvy and slow introductions, possibly. She has not been tested but we suspect she would be okay.
- Kids: 12+ and dog savvy due to her timid nature.
- Housing: Any type but must have direct access outside.
- Fenced-in yard: Ideal.
- Special: Someone home more often to help with her housetraining. We are looking for placement in the Ottawa/Gatineau area (within an hour). The adoptive home must commit to a meet and greet in the Ottawa area and commit to coming to our vet clinic in Ottawa for the continuation of this pup's current outstanding vet needs (at our cost).
- Adoption Fee: $750. This fee will help with the cost of the flight for the Ruffugee project. This dog is on heartworm preventative (6 months started in June) and tick prevention (3 months starting in June). Adopters must commit to keeping their new dog on tick prevention for this season and complete an accuplex test in December at their cost.