Winter is a ball of energy and fun who will make an excellent addition to an active family. Winter is excellent with other dogs and would enjoy having other dog pals or playdates! Winter is a very playful pup who loves to wrestle and chase her foster siblings. She is often the first one to initiate play and able to get everyone in on the fun. Winter has never met cats but given her exuberant personality, she would likely be too much for kitties. Winter is a very outgoing puppy who loves to be where her people are. A home that wants to take advantage of her fun personality and take her along for every adventure is the ideal match for this pup.
Winter knows many of her basic commands and is almost fully house trained. She is also very good in her crate and will quiet down after a few minutes of whining when left. Winter is best suited for a townhome or detached home where some barking and whining won’t be an issue. Winter is still learning to not jump up on people and can be bouncy when excited. She has met older children and is a good match for older kids who can participate in her training and who won’t be frightened or knocked over by a busy puppy.
Winter will likely grow up to be a larger girl so we would like to see her with someone, or a family, that will take her to positive reinforcement puppy classes. This will help her learn to control her excitement and help build a strong bond between her and her people. Winter can be mischievous when left to her own devices so a fenced backyard is required for homes within the city. For country homes, she will need to be on a long line to ensure she does not get distracted and run off to find her own fun!
- Breed: Mixed Breed
- Sex: Female
- Age: 6 mos. old
- Size: 26.5 kgs and growing! Mom was approximately 27kgs but we do not know who the father was.
- Colour: Brown / White
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Would be nice but not required
- Cats: Unknown but likely not a match
- Kids: Yes, 7+
- Housing Type: Townhouse or Detached
- Fenced Yard: Required for homes in the city, preferred for country homes
- Special: Someone home more often that can let the puppy out throughout the day and provide activity. We are looking for a home within the Ottawa/Gatineau area, willing to travel for the meet and greet. Preference to applicants willing to attend positive reinforcement training classes.
- Adoption Fee: $850