Zevs is a very sweet boy who does struggle when meeting new people. Slow introductions to people are best for him. Because of this, he requires a home that doesn’t have a lot of people coming or going. With the people who he trusts, Zevs is a big sweetheart who is super affectionate and sweet. Due to his strong love for familiar people and home, Zevs has a tendency to take on the job of guarding. Careful attention to making roles and responsibilities clear will be essential. Zevs adopters will work with his trainer to learn his recipe for success. Zevs is a goofy guy who enjoys throwing his toys in the air, running around in circles and digging holes in the yard. When inside, Zevs is a cuddle bug and a couch potato who loves to Netflix and chill.
Zevs is food motivated and this makes it easy to bond and work with him. He requires an experienced owner who will continue to provide him with structure and training to allow Zevs to grow and thrive.
Zevs has successfully stayed with another dog previously and has been able to play and be with other dogs once he has been introduced properly to them. He can be rude and over the top, so tolerant dogs would be best along with people that are willing to teach him boundaries and how to play appropriately with others.
You can apply at www.sitwithme.com/zevs
- Breed: Rottweiler Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 6 yrs. 11 mos. old
- Size: Large
- Colour: Black/ Brown
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Possibly, read below
- Cats: No
- Kids: No, 15+ okay
- Housing Type: Detached Country or Semi-Country home. Please do not apply if you live in a busy city.
- Fenced in Yard: Required. An exception can be made for a private country setting and in this case, no fence is required as long as he has supervised long line exercise and his person understands he cannot be off leash.
- Medical: Some food sensitivities.
- Special: Zevs will need to meet his new person a few times before moving to his new home. As such, applicants must be within 2 hours drive of Ottawa and must be willing to come to Perth a few times to meet him. Zevs is a RAD (Recovery Adoption Dog) due to his difficulty meeting and trusting new people. His trial into a new home will last up to a month and his placement includes 3 in-person or virtual training sessions with a professional trainer if needed.