Zevs is a very sweet boy. His favourite place to be is by your side. If you’re on the couch watching tv, he’s right there with you, he is essentially made of rubber as he’ll find any crevice to curl up into. He gets himself into the most hilarious positions; one favourite is when he rolls onto his back and his jowls floop backwards exposing his smile! He’s a huge cuddler, and will happily sleep in bed with you at night. He will somewhat unhappily sleep elsewhere.
Zevs loves his humans, but is very afraid and skeptical of all other humans. This makes meeting new people difficult. He hates being the centre of attention and will let you know. Slow introductions to people are best for him. He would likely require several introductory meetings before he could be left with an experienced dog sitter. Because of this, he requires a home that doesn’t have a lot of people coming or going or a household who likes to travel. With the people who he trusts, Zevs is a big sweetheart who is super affectionate and charming.
Due to his strong love for familiar people and home, Zevs has a tendency to take on the job of guarding. This can also make walks and car rides very overwhelming for Zevs as he imagines threats in everything. Careful attention to making roles and responsibilities clear will be essential. Zevs’ adopters will work with his trainer to learn his recipe for success.
Zevs is a goofy guy who enjoys throwing his toys in the air, running around in circles and digging holes in the yard. He loves it when you cheer him on as he plays with his toys. He’s also not toy destructive, he takes good care of them and understands how to keep them in good shape.
Zevs is food motivated and this makes it easy to bond and work with him. He requires an experienced owner who will continue to provide him with structure and training to allow Zevs to grow and thrive. Zevs is extremely smart and loves to please. He is crate trained, muzzle trained, and loves both of these things. He learned spot training very quickly with his current foster, he doesn’t greet at the door and he knows the difference between inside and outside toys. He waits patiently to go in and out, as well as for his food.
Zevs has successfully stayed with another dog previously and has been able to play and be with other dogs once he has been introduced properly to them. He can be rude and over the top, so tolerant dogs would be best along with people that are willing to teach him boundaries and how to play appropriately with others.
You can apply at www.sitwithme.com/zevs
- Breed: Rottweiler Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 7 yrs. 1 mo. old
- Size: Large
- Colour: Black/ Brown
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Possibly, read below
- Cats: No
- Kids: No, 15+ okay
- Housing Type: Detached Country or Semi-Country home. Please do not apply if you live in a busy city.
- Fenced in Yard: Required. An exception can be made for a private country setting and in this case, no fence is required as long as he has supervised long line exercise and his person understands he cannot be off leash.
- Medical: Some food sensitivities.
- Special: Zevs will need to meet his new person a few times before moving to his new home. As such, applicants must be within 2 hours drive of Ottawa and must be willing to come to Perth a few times to meet him. Zevs is a RAD (Recovery Adoption Dog) due to his difficulty meeting and trusting new people. His trial into a new home will last up to a month and his placement includes 3 in-person or virtual training sessions with a professional trainer if needed.