Dax is a pretty easy going guy, with bursts of energy during meal time, walkies, or when you get home. He is still working on asking to go outside and this has improved with frequent bathroom breaks and lots of praise. He enjoys playing and would love a home that can provide him with durable chews! He is very sweet and eager to please, and is very food, touch and praise motivated. He would do well in training class and would love a family who can continue his training with encouragement and reassurance. At the end of a great day, he’s happy to sleep on a bed by himself, or cuddled up on the couch with you.
He is very handsome and enjoys meeting new people and friendly dogs with proper intros. When he has a yummy treat or chew, he is not keen on sharing it with another pooch. He would be fine with another friendly dog in the house to help him learn the ropes, but this isn’t required.
He does well on walks, and while he’s shown interest in cats and squirrels, he doesn’t lunge after them. He’s been tested with a dog savvy cat, and he spends a few hours with one almost every day with no issue. He is also crate trained, and while he likely won’t want to hang out in it by himself, he has no issues spending a few hours in it during the day or overnight.
He is a world-class snuggler, and wants nothing more than to curl up on the couch with you and nap the afternoon away.
- Breed: Mixed Breed
- Sex: Male
- Age: 6 yrs. 2 mos. old
- Size: 24 kgs
- Colour: Black and Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes to friendly and easy going dogs, with slow intros.
- Cats: Yes to calm, dog savvy cats.
- Kids: 8+ and dog savvy
- Housing type: Single or townhome, or condo with direct access outside where some barking is okay.
- Fenced-in Yard: Preferred.
- Special: Addax needs someone home more often (at least given a midday break). He is looking for a home in the Ottawa/Gatineau area who can attend outstanding vet appointments at our vet in West Ottawa to complete his outstanding vetting. He is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
- Only matched applicants will be contacted
- Adoption Fee: $750