Meet Brad – a lovable canine companion in search of his forever home! Brad may initially start out shy but with gentle pets and a few treats, you’ll have a friend forever! He currently lives with children but fast movements startle him so he would do best with older, dog-savvy kids.
Brad is currently sharing his space with another dog, and he revels in play and cuddle sessions. Brad is more comfortable when another dog is around so he would appreciate a canine friend, but it’s not a necessity.
Brad’s getting accustomed to leash walks, so a home with a yard is needed. An owner committed to positive leash experiences will be key to his continued growth. When you leave the home, he will initially bark but does settle down. Brad is accustomed to having someone home more often. He would thrive in a home where his adopter is either frequently present or works only a couple of days out of the home.
Brad is considered a medium energy dog. His adopter will need to keep up with a strict feeding schedule and regular exercise as he is currently on a weight loss plan.
Brad loves being the center of attention when his people are around. He is also excellent in the car and would be a great travel buddy.
- Breed: Potcake
- Sex: Male
- Age: 2 yrs. 1 mo. old
- Size: 30lbs
- Colour: Brown and Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Another dog in the home is preferred
- Cats: Unknown but likely okay
- Kids: 8+
- Housing type: Townhome or detached
- Fenced-in yard: Required while his adopters work on his leash skills
- Special: Brad is currently on an anti-anxiety medication called Trazodone. This medication is approximately $60 / month and he should remain on this medication during the transition into a new home.
- Please note: Our dogs are not candidates for dog parks. Please don't apply if attending a dog park is important to you.
- Adoption Fee: $750