Flora arrived in our care pregnant and looking for a safe place to have her babies. She was unsure when she first arrived, but the moment she felt safe, you could see how very happy and comfortable she was. She was able to deliver 3 healthy girls: Petals, Pollen and Roots. She has been a great mom, but now that her pups are over 8 weeks, she’s looking forward to a wonderful life ahead.
She prefers to be with her people and play in her fenced yard with her canine buddies, if life decisions were up to her. She does get stressed when left so it is important that her folks can be home more often to ease her into staying alone.
She loves the quiet life with her people. She may bark when meeting new people, but with a little patience and a few treats, as long as folks are kind, she definitely will welcome them into her heart. She adores playing with the fun dogs in the home now, and is quite food motivated so teaching her how to “dog” is coming along nicely. She knew nothing of living the good life when she arrived into care, but she’s so fun to work with because she is just so in love with having her person pay attention to her. Her leash skills are a work in progress, but up until now, she’s been taking care of her kids, so she would benefit from a little one-on-one time out on walks.
Flora will need a calm home life which just means not a lot of people coming and going. She loves activity and play and is also okay after a good play to just chill out. She is a smart girl, so if food is left out and within her reach when you leave, she might enjoy it while you are gone. She would be best baby-gated in an area with less freedom when you are gone just to help reduce temptation. She is house trained and while she can sleep in her safe space (currently baby-gated in a room), she would also be happy to sleep with you at night too and keep the monsters away. We know she loves living the good life now.
If you are willing to give her 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 straight days of love and attention, this gal will welcome it fully. With a patient person, and a calm home life, Flora will definitely blossom!
- Breed: Mixed Breed
- Sex: Female
- Age: 1 yr. old
- Size: 13kgs
- Colour: Tan and Black
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, she requires a friendly and playful dog in the home or an active owner.
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: Teens and up.
- Housing Type: Single or townhome.
- Fenced Yard: Required in the city. Supervised on leash in the country
- Special: Flora is looking for someone home more often. She can likely work up to being left for a full workday eventually with positive crate training association. She is looking for a home within an hour of the Ottawa/Gatineau area who can attend outstanding vet appointments at our vet in West Ottawa to complete her standard vetting covered by the adoption fee. She is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
- Only match applicants will be contacted.
- Adoption fee: $750