Sweet boy Javani arrived into our care terrified of the world. With the help of his foster mom, he is learning how fun car rides are and that chasing a ball is a fun game!
Javani is looking for a calm and gentle owner who can continue building his confidence. He could live with older children who are able to respect Javani’s boundaries while he is adjusting into his new home. Even though he is a timid pooch with people, he still loves being active! He enjoys chasing a ball but is still learning how to bring it back. A neighbourhood with heavy people or vehicle traffic wouldn’t be a great fit but he does enjoy going for walks on trails or in quiet neighbourhoods. Javani may never be a candidate for off leash outings so his adopter would need to be okay with walks and hikes on a leash or long line.
Javani loves car rides and has learnt how yummy a drive thru window can be! Javani currently lives with cats and dogs. He is respectful of the cats and mostly ignores them. With other dogs, he does best with a slow introduction and can easily make friends with respectful canines. Javani is looking for someone who is home more often. He doesn’t require another animal in the home as long as his people aren’t gone for long periods at a time. He is crate trained and enjoys having his safe place available.
- Breed: Mixed breed
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. 1 mo. old
- Size: 35 lbs
- Colour: Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Sure – slow intros preferred
- Cats: Yes
- Kids: 8+ and respectful around dogs
- Housing type: Townhouse or fully detached
- Fenced-in yard: Required
- Special: Javani requires a calm household and an owner committed to helping him build his confidence. It is highly recommended that Javani’s adopter invests in a Tractive GPS dog tracker.
- He is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
- Adoption fee: $750.00