Jerry is one of our dogs from the Barbados Ruffugee Project. He is a love bug that enjoys the company of humans and dogs. He is outgoing meeting pretty much everyone so far, and is happiest when he is included in your plans. He is a rollercoaster of energy in that he has highs and lows so as long as he is properly exercised a few times per day, he is happiest! He loves running off leash, and so we feel a fenced in yard would be best for him and you, though with an active human, we also believe he could do well. As you can imagine, he loves being with people, and therefore hates being away from them. He needs continued work on crate training. He does require a crate or safe separation when you leave as he will chew when bored!
Jerry is house trained and is learning to wait for his food, to sit and shake a paw. He thrives on routine and structure and will do all he can to please. He loves to run like the wind with his canine sister, and so another friendly doggy buddy in the home would be so nice. He is often caught cuddling right up to his bulldog sister so that’s important! He has met young kids and been friendly. He has met a cat and was indifferent, so he may be okay with slow introductions.
Jerry is agile and we think he could thrive in dog sports. We believe he would at least enjoy them quite a bit! He likes walking, investigating, swimming, playing, and learning too. We believe he is under a year of age and is eager to please. We do not think a busy neighbourhood would be ideal unless he had a securely fenced yard. We also believe he would be a great office dog as he loves hanging out and makes for a friendly greeter too! He is also a snuggle chaser, and if he suspects you like snuggles, he will follow you around until your lap is ready!
If you are the right fit for what Jerry is looking for, please apply online here: http://www.sitwithme.ca/dogs/jerry
- Breed: Potcake Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 11 mos. old
- Size: Medium
- Colour: Black/Tan
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, required ! Jerry would VERY MUCH love a dog buddy, and they must be friendly and like to play. Must also like to cuddle as he will insist!
- Cats: Dog savvy cats with slow introductions could be okay.
- Kids: Dogs savvy and ~8+
- Housing Type: Single or Townhome but must have a backyard.
- Fenced Yard: Ideal as he has energy to burn but could be okay on a lunge line supervised.
- Special: Someone home more often, maybe only working away from home a couple of days a week. We are looking for a home in the Ottawa/Gatineau area and the adopters must be willing to come to Ottawa for a meet and greet.
- Adoption fee: $750 – this will help cover a portion of the flight cost as well as the preventative medication. He is neutered, vaccinated, on heartworm (6 months) and tick prevention (3 months), and microchipped. He has also been accuplex tested (heartworm and tick disease test). Adopters must commit to keeping their new dog on tick prevention for this season and repeat an accuplex test in December with their vet to qualify for adoption.