Welcome to Moby‘s world where happiness reigns supreme, and sunshine and rainbows are always on the menu! Moby is smart and active, which means he is looking for someone who can keep up with his body and his brain! And then someone who can commit to a good cuddle before bed.
Moby‘s play style with dogs is to run to them, mouth them, sometimes tackle them and play hungry hungry hippo with them when cuddling. This play style can be overwhelming for some dogs, so we imagine he will only match with tolerant and playful dogs. Currently his canine foster siblings will advise him to walk away when they are not interested and for the most part he listens but may bark back in protest!
Moby would be too stimulated in a busy living environment. With proper exercise (mental exercise too), and a calm home life, he is a really nice guy to have around. He is house trained, crate trained, and quite food motivated, making him a quick learner. He is also ridiculously cute and likes to greet everyone with enthusiasm because all nice humans were, after all, made for him. Oh and so were all tasty cookies and toys 🙂
If Moby sounds like the kind of dog that will keep you laughing while also keeping you on your toes, you are correct! So don’t miss a beat and apply!
- Breed: Irish Wolfhound X
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. 8 mos. old
- Size: 62 lbs
- Colour: Silver / Gray
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Required and the other dog must be tolerant of rough play.
- Cats: Unknown - but no, thank you.
- Kids: Teens+, he is friendly but just a lot of dog and excitedly mouthy.
- Housing: Single or townhome
- Fenced yard: Required.
- Special: Moby is looking for a home in the Ottawa/Gatineau area. He needs someone home more often - a midday break or someone only away from home 2-3 work days. Moby is on a low fat gastro food currently - a slow transition can be attempted with vet support. He is not a candidate for dog parks so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
Only matched candidates will be contacted.
- Adoption fee: $750