Meet the sweetest little guy, Mylo! Mylo came to us from Barbados, and he had a tough start to life but has met every challenge head on and smiling with that adorable little underbite along the way!
Mylo, is learning to do all things dog. He was born with a defect in which his eyes did not grow correctly and therefore needed to be medically removed. That however hasn’t slowed him down one bit! In his foster’s yard he can navigate a 2 acre space with great confidence. He is playful and loves to chase and be chased outside.
He has his own stuffies that he loves and he will play on his own or snuggle with them in his bed. Mylo is a foodie and can hear an empty food dish ready to be filled from a Mile away.
He is mostly house trained, and will do his best to wait until he gets outside. He is good all around in the home while supervised, but he needs a dedicated space, that is all his to navigate (spare room, crate etc.) when he is on his own. Stairs and other such dangers need to be managed and we recommend a baby gate to block off stairs.
Mylo is in Scent Detection class and they are doing wonders for his confidence and he is learning to better navigate this world. He has lots of food drive and is very happy to work. Despite Mylo’s disability, he is a fully functioning pooch so we would love to find him an adopter who will continue with scent detection classes with Mylo and allow him to safely explore his surroundings.
Mylo barks a little bit to get what he wants, although through dedicated training it is much better, but would recommend housing that could tolerate a little noise.
- Breed: Medium mixed breed
- Sex: Male
- Age: 9 mos. old
- Size: 18 lbs
- Colour: Brown
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Good with dogs but must be separated when he has high value food / chews
- Cats: Good with cats
- Kids: 6+ and gentle with dogs
- Housing type: Townhome or detached
- Fenced-in yard: Not required but he must remain on a leash if you don't have a fence.
- Special: Mylo is fully blind and has some neurological deficits (spins) so he requires an adopter who can provide him with a safe space. Preference will be given to adopters who want to continue scent detection classes with Mylo.
- Adoption fee: $550.00