Hi! My name is Rookie. I am a very dapper & distinguished dude as you can see by my regal facial expressions. I am quick to learn & love to please.
I understand my foster people when they say “sit” & “shake a paw” & my recall is pretty good. I am getting better at walking on lead. There are just so many things to smell & see! I like long walks in the park, or really any path will do. I love to run and am really good with my nose. I can sniff out almost anything, which sometimes has me searching for food when you are not looking!
I appreciate quality dog TV. I will sometimes bark back at the actors if I hear them bark at me! I like to play with my favourite canine buddy a lot and play super well with her even though she is a little smaller than me. I will roll over and give her my belly. I get super excited when I see her.
I sometimes get nervous when first meeting other dogs but, if they like to play, I’m in! So I get over that initial insecurity pretty fast. I’m still getting used to playing with other dogs because I didn’t get to do that much before. I love fun toys & puzzles. I adore treats and praise! I even love jumping into water and making a splash. Cottage time, anyone?
I don’t really like being left alone much and am trying to get better at being calm in my kennel while my people are away. A person who is home more would be better for me.
I LOVE me some good cuddle time with my people & am really affectionate. Definitely open to finding some new people to cuddle! Is that you?
Enough about me. I want to know about you! Maybe you have a fun playmate for me at home ? Can you see me in your life as a bestie forever and ever ? If so, then please apply!
- Breed: Lab/Shepherd Mix
- Sex: Male
- Age: 1 yr. old
- Size: 31kgs
- Colour: Brindle
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Playful and easy going dogs would be amazing but not required.
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: Due to my exuberance, 10+ and dog savvy.
- Housing Type: Country, single
- Fenced Yard: Required in the city. Supervised on leash or on lunge line in the country.
- Special: Someone home more often is needed to start, at least midday breaks will be needed. This boy is looking for a home in the Ottawa/Gatineau area. He is not a candidate for dog parks, so if these are important to you, please do not apply.
- Adoption Fee: $750