Are you looking for an adorable, sweet, and mellow floof with the cutest grinch feet? Well keep on reading, because Tammy just might be your girl and she is in search of her forever home!
This mellow girl loves snacks, hanging out where the action is, belly scratches and walks. Tammy loves going on walks or hanging outside because that means she gets to smell all of the things. Just note that while she is good on the leash, she forgets her manners when she sees any squirrels, cats, and rabbits. Off leash, her recall is still a work in progress since she has selective hearing when focused on sniffing an interesting smell. For these reasons, a fenced yard is needed for her to have fun off-leash time in the city and a lunge line while supervised in the country.
While Tammy currently doesn’t know what to do with stuffies and balls, she certainly loves Yak cheese chews, shredding cardboard, snuffle mats and food dispensing toys. Basically, if its food related, she’s into it, which would make learning new tricks easy! Maybe Tammy will get interested in other toys with time, but for now she’s pretty happy with chews, puzzles, and cardboard boxes.
After a good 20 min morning walk, Tammy gets left with a food toy and a snuffle box made out of carboard that is designed for her to shred. Tammy has some anxiety when it comes to being left alone which is why she needs someone home more often. Tammy’s adopters will need to have patience for this sweet girl as she adjusts to a new schedule. Her new people will need to take it slow when leaving her for extended periods of time. We also feel that Tammy would love to live with another dog with a calm energy to help her. She loves to be in the company of canines, but isn’t looking for a rough and tumble playmate as she would much rather just hang out.
If you feel Tammy will be a great addition to your family, fill out an adoption application! She promises to be the best four-legged family member ever!
- Breed: Small retriever/Collie mix
- Sex: Female
- Age: 4 yrs. 4 mos. old
- Size: 17kgs
- Colour: Red and Brown
- Spayed/Neutered: Yes
- Stage: Available
- Dogs: Yes, friendly and playful dog required.
- Cats: No, thank you.
- Kids: 10+ or if younger dog savvy
- Housing type: Any as long as direct access outside to a fenced in yard
- Fenced yard: Required in the city.
- Special: Tammy needs someone home more often, with at least a midday break for a walk. Tammy has anxiety when it comes to being crated and then left alone. Her foster mom is working on making staying the crate a much better experience. Tammy’s adopters will need to continue this work. She is not a candidate for public dog parks, so please do not apply if this is important to you. We are also looking for a home in or around the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
- Only matched applications will be contacted.
- Adoption Fee: $750